WELCOME TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM (CSPP)
Our Pre-Kindergarten program gives students a solid foundation of the social/emotional skills, physical/motor skills and cognitive/thinking skills needed to enter kindergarten confidently. This is measured with Imagine It! and Growing with Math curriculum that allow children to develop at their own pace through creative lesson planning that maximizes each child's unique strengths and interests.
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality Pre-Kindergarten education in a secure, nurturing, and stimulating environment. We meet these goals with our age-appropriate curriculum, our highly qualified staff, the highest standards of cleanliness, and our ongoing communication with parents.
An outstanding staff of professional teachers and support personnel serve our programs based on the needs of young children.
Lynwood Unified School District provides State Preschool services at Lindbergh Child Development Center and Will Rogers Child Development Center for children of eligible families that are between the ages of three and four years old. The program operates from 7:15am to 4:45pm, Monday through Friday throughout the year except for legal holidays and holidays declared by the District’s Board of Education. We are open 230 days a year.
Children must be at least 3 years old on or before December 1 and no older than 4 years old after September 2 (the year before they become eligible for Transitional kindergarten enrollment). In order to receive subsidized child care services, the parent(s)/guardian(s) must provide the office with verifiable and viable proof of income, and employment. The office may take the necessary procedures to verify such information.
The California State Preschool Program Part-Day (CSPP Part-Day) is a three-hour educational program for children ages three on or before December 1. These programs are located at elementary schools. The CSPP Part-Day Program provides personalized learning experiences before children enter TK and Kindergarten.
Certification of enrollment is processed until the enrollment packet and required documents are submitted and verified by an ECE staff. The required documents include, but not limited to the following:
- Proof of Family Income (four weeks of recent and consecutive income verification)
- Proof of Family Size (Birth Certificates for all children in family)
- Child’s Recent Physical Exam that must be signed and stamped by your child’s doctor
- Child’s Immunization Record up-to-date with current Tuberculosis (TB) test results
- Immunization Record for Adult Volunteer: proof of Pertussis (Tdap), Measles (MMR) immunization, current Tuberculosis (TB) test results that are within 4 years, Covid-19, and optional Influenza.
- If a family receives Cash aide, CAL-Works (welfare), Food Stamps and/or Child Support, these documents must be submitted at the time of certification appointment, if not sooner.